Are your products Organic?Yes they are. So Cal Mulch does not use any Chemicals. Delivery available to all five Southern California counties–Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, Orange and LA.
How do you calculate the amount of material needed?
Please see our Material Calculator. Delivery available to all five Southern California counties–Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, Orange and LA.
How do you sell your products?
Price by cubic yard, minimum is 1/2 cubic yard. We can load into the bed of pickup truck OR you may bring your own containers and shovel to fill yourself.
We also carry:
• Pre-filled Paper Pots, ready-to-go!
• Pre-Assembled Garden Bed — 3x8ft. raised garden bed, Redwood or Pine. Please call ahead to pre-order.
When is the best time to plant in the spring?
We are going to plant in our raised beds during the first week of March, however some prefer to wait until Easter to plant, depending on the elevation you live in.
Which vegetable plants will cold weather harm?
Generally, temperatures below 33 degrees F will kill eggplants,okra,cantaloupe,corn,beans,peppers,potatoes,sweet potatoes,watermelon,squash and cucumbers.
Organic Colored Mulch vs Recycled Rubber Products
Advantages of Colored Mulches:
- Using a natural product.
- Totally safe for all animals, human and otherwise.
- Stays cool all summer long.
- Remain beautiful for years.
- Retain and conserves water.
- Weed repressive.
- Clean crisp color year around.
- No Oil Products( like recycled tires) that will harm our Children and Plants.
- No need for weed barrier cloth. It will keep the sun out.
- Will not kill your trees and shrubs like rubber mulchs.
- Will not break the bank at less than 1% the cost of colored recycled ( KILLER RUBBER) mulch.
- All our products are neutral for Nitrogen and will not rob your plants of precious nitrogen. Unlike false reports from the recycled rubber industry, our products will only improve your landscaping plants and gardens.
- Use our ground cover mulch in lieu of unhealthy herbicides.
Disadvantages of using Recycled Rubber Products:
- Very Costly at over $500.00 per cu/yd compared to as little as $10.00 per cu/yd. our mulches.
- Can be very hard to locate.
- Oil from rubber tires could have contaminants.
- Not cost effective and hazardous.